Carla Linkous Maxwell

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Totally Merry Christmas!

It is 11:54 p.m. on Christmas Day, and I am happy to say it was a totally merry Christmas for me in Memphis.





My mother did it again! She has a wonderful way of creating especially special occasions for our family in her home. The peanut-butter stars were one of the highlights of the holiday. I was glad to see them when I arrived.....they did not last long.



Mom's homemade fudge -- chocolate and peanut-butter -- is SO delicious! I am having fun introducing all these family traditions to Adrian, and he is having fun with the sampling. I am grateful that we are in Memphis together this year.


My whole Memphis family gathered together today, and there were many gifts given, with much happiness included. The happiness is not about the gifts, we know, but we appreciate the appreciation of each other and the gesture of giving each other gifts is a family tradition which we enjoy.
This year's celebration included many cell phones, facebook status updates, and uploaded photos. I enjoyed my new iPhone and some instant uploading of memorable moments.

One of the best things about my parents' house is that there is always plenty of food. As soon as the peanut-butter stars were gone, more were being made. That is truly a blessing.


We renewed an old family tradition of playing "Bingo," after Christmas dinner. I remember playing the game with my family, including the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in Kentucky when I was a child.....such a simple thing to do for family fun.......well, if everyone would stop talking and listen to the numbers being called it would be simple.....but maybe not as much fun! hahahaha



Speaking of "simple,".......here I am, once again,....writing about simple things and small matters that matter a great deal to me.  I am very thankful for all of these things.



No comments:

Post a Comment