Carla Linkous Maxwell

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Trace of Tennessee

I took this picture in Tasma Gardens today:




I like to think of Tennessee whenever I see an iris....as it is the Tennessee State flower.....and I am mostly from the State of Tennessee.

What a blessing it is to find these beautiful flowers so far from my home state!

From Wikipedia, here's a pic of a Tennessee iris:



If the flower photographed this morning in Daylesford, Victoria, Australia, is not the same as the Wikipedia flower pictured above, I'd say it's mighty similar!

Also, in the garden this morning, I found this little guy who was perfectly posed for me to take a picture:



Oh.....and just because I can....and because I did.....take a picture, that is.....of the beauty in the beginning blooms of the Paulownia tree today.....here's another photograph with flowers....and a cockatoo, too!

I think that's all I've got to say today.  G'day.

No comments:

Post a Comment