Carla Linkous Maxwell

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Painting from Photos of Birds in Tasma Gardens

For the past few months I have been playing with paints.....painting the birds that I have photographed in Tasma Gardens.  Each one of the paintings below has a bird in its candid-camera pose.  

Australian Magpie
These paintings represent a lot of bird watching and a bunch of sour-dough bread that was fed!  I have spent a lot of time with these variously-feathered friends.

Pied Currawong
I've learned a lot about their likes and dislikes.......some of the birds like bread shaped into a bread ball.....and some don't like bread at all.  

Sulpher-Crested Cockatoo
After painting these pictures, I have featured a few in musical posters, and I have pinned them up on Pinterest, too. I've been doing all of that just because I can.....as it is something new and fun to do.


I am thankful for the blessings of time, space, and this beautiful place.....Tasma House and Gardens in Daylesford, Victoria, Australia,.......and for the art supplies, the digital camera, the computer, the internet, the digital voice recorder, the ability to make music with friends, and the shared Blogger software where I can post these paintings.

Rosella
As I reflect and consider what I am so thankful for, I realize I might sound like a child offering a bedtime prayer......"Thank you for Mommy & Daddy, and Brothers and Sisters, and the dog, and ALL my FRIENDS,....and, and, and...," and I'm okay with that.  Because I AM thankful for all those things, too.

Australian Magpie
I pray that others will enjoy this blog and these paintings, as I have enjoyed the painting progress and the posting process.

Teal Duck








No comments:

Post a Comment