Carla Linkous Maxwell

Thursday, October 8, 2020

My Beautiful Australian Family

COVID-19 pandemic lockdown time has given me extra months in Australia. With intermittent visitation clearances by the Australian Government, I've been able to have a few precious moments with my Australian family. I'm so thankful for that! 

I'm sharing a few Australian-family snapshots that show why I'm thankful for the privilege of living in two countries....even during a pandemic.


That's little Philip with his parents, Jake (my step-son) & Nicole (beautiful daughter-in-law), in the photo above. It has been a blessing to get to see even a bit of Philip's first year, as I have been "stuck in Daylesford," due to the COVID-19 pandemic and its partner, social distancing/isolation. The few moments I've had with my step-children and this beautiful little guy have been so special....priceless! 

Even before his first birthday, Philip not only started to walk but he ran and kicked a ball before he was a year old! Look at him go!





There are so many beautiful moments to be thankful for in life! Whether I'm here in Australia or in America......Life is precious and events that make us joyful should be remembered and focused on.....especially during a pandemic!




I hope I will never forget watching Nicole and Jake teaching Philip about his birthday party process....making a beautiful piƱata filled with lollies, preparing food for the whole family to enjoy at a picnic in the public park, dressing up for his special occasion, seeing people he loves and trusts, eating the delicious food, laughing and sharing, and creating memories to cherish! You know, regular family stuff! It's beautiful. I hope you see that in my photos.


During this time of social distancing, Adrian and I have enjoyed sharing time in our own garden with our family and a few dear friends. Although we were forced by the pandemic to change how we gathered (normally around a dinner table in our small cottage), we still wanted to continue enjoying time together in good health. The answer to the social dilemma, spending time with family and friends outside, has been a joy. 




I am so thankful for time spent with Adrian and my two step-sons, Jake and Lee, and with my lovely daughters-in-law, Nicole and Mel, and of course, with our littlest (biggest!) blessing, Philip!











No comments:

Post a Comment