Carla Linkous Maxwell

Monday, November 26, 2012

Trusting, With Intent

This week I am packing up and heading to the U.S.A. for a three-month visit.  My partner, Adrian Kosky, and I are leaving our beautiful Tasma House and Gardens group accommodation biz in good hands, though.  More importantly, I dare say, we are also entrusting the care of our dear doggie to our friend, Gerry Managh.  

This trip marks the beginning of a new part of my life.....the part where I actively reside in two countries, and on two continents, by choice and with intent.  

Often life events happen by accident or from necessity.  For me, many life events are random and come about without intent......and then they evolve into planned up activities.  I'm thinking of my artistic randomness, now.
 I get inspired by the silliness of things sometimes; and sometimes I am launched into an art project by something beautiful.  I'm trying to describe what I have done in the past, to help explain what I am about to do.  

Since I have been in Australia, I have learned a lot about simple digital photography, painting with simple art supplies, simplifying the art of making music, and simply enjoying my surroundings.  
I have been blessed with good things that come by trusting the trustworthy.  I am thankful for not losing my faith and for keeping my hope.  I am happy that I dream and that my dreams are sometimes animated.  I am grateful that I no longer have to get out of bed early every day.  I am glad I have the energy to begin traveling regularly between the U.S. and Australia; and I'm looking forward to being happily random, without intent, again, wherever I am -- so that I may plan and follow-through with good activities, as I have done in the past.  I am thrilled that I am aiming to increase my involvement with artists, musicians, art, and music, and trusting that good will come of all that.  I'm ready to wear my "happy hat!"



No comments:

Post a Comment