Carla Linkous Maxwell

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Meanwhile, in Australia….

I've enjoyed the past few months here in Australia, and I look forward to returning to the U.S.A. in a couple of weeks.


Time seems to move slowly here in Oz, but that is a beautiful thing.

I have spent some time doing a bit of artwork. Keeping things simple, I have been painting with water colour pencils on A4 water-colour paper. I use iPhoto and Comic Life to manipulate photographs of my paintings. Most of the time, my paintings are based on birds and animals that I have personally photographed in Australia.

Here are a few of my latest pieces of art:

Cockatoo Landing in Tasma Gardens

Magpie on the Wibbly-Wobbly Wall

Backyard Wallaby
Curious Kangaroo

I'm not sure what I will do with these little paintings. I just like painting them.


Also, I've been knitting! My friend, Jacqui Olver, taught me to knit, and I have had plenty of time to make a few things! It's a new hobby for me, and I love it.  I have had time to make a couple of scarves for Adrian. I don't know when he will be needing to bundle up for cold weather, but he's ready, whether it's cold or not! My hubby is such a good sport, to model these things for me in the middle of an Australian summer!




My little Jelly Bean and I even have matching scarves, thanks to free knitting patterns on Pinterest! We're ready for the cold weather, too!


I suppose Adrian and I will need to aim for being in Australia in winter 2017, so we can bundle up with Miss Jelly Bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment