Carla Linkous Maxwell

Friday, May 28, 2021

Locked Down in Daylesford....Again

Just when Adrian and I were browsing through United Airlines' flight schedules back to the U.S.A. and discussing our hope for international travel plans......Victoria, Australia, goes into another lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There has been another outbreak of coronavirus in Melbourne, so the state is on lockdown with only five reasons to leave our homes. Planning for international travel seems to be a fantasy, but I'll continue to hope and pray that it becomes a reality in the near future.

Being resigned to all that,  I am counting blessings that include the beauty of my backyard.....especially the birds that visit every day. 

My special visitor, Limpy, was away for a few months, but I am glad to see her return for winter. Hopefully, she'll be here throughout the cold months and while Adrian and I are sticking around staying at home. I've got plenty of time and a new bag of bird seed to kick off the stay-at-home restrictions that started at 11:59 p.m. yesterday.

Cockatoos in Daylesford, Victoria, Australia, 28 May, 2021

I've been enjoying these bird-legged models for a few art projects. Notice the magpies in the background behind Limpy: they will be featured in a rather big art project that Adrian and I are currently working on.

It doesn't seem to matter how I'm feeling, when Limpy visits, I feel lighter and happier than before the visit. She helps me forget frustrations for a few minutes as I focus on feeding her.


The ducks that come and go are also beautiful distractions that help me momentarily forget about lockdowns and lack of international travel possibilities. Thank God for these creatures!


And these cockatoos! They really are beautiful distractions.




No comments:

Post a Comment