Carla Linkous Maxwell

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Unexpected Free Time!

The new owners of the ice cream shop decided to close last week, rather than at the end of October, and I find that I have been blessed with some free time!

I've been enjoying time to draw and play with a couple of photo editing programs. Here are a couple of my latest comics:

Cockatoo flying in Tasma Gardens, Daylesford, Australia

Nature in Tasma Gardens, Daylesford, Victoria, Australia


These pieces of art seem to give me an American halloweeny feeling, but they make me feel nostalgic for my home in Daylesford, Victoria, Australia.

I understand that my new tenants in The Holy Moly have received their American visas and will be arriving in Clarksdale during Thanksgiving week.  I wish them success regarding the ownership of the restaurant/bar they are creating in the space that used to be known as The Holy Moly Drug Store at the corner of Third & Issaquena.

I am thankful that they chose to purchase The Holy Moly Drug Store business and settle in Clarksdale, Mississippi, as part of their visa requirements. I am thankful their decisions and their actions have helped me move forward and out of the ice cream/coffee/soda fountain/fast food business!





No comments:

Post a Comment